Grind: Start with a ‘medium-fine’ grind setting. It should be the consistency of sand and should not easily compress.
- Add the desired amount of water to the water reservoir, turn on the brewer so it preheats, and preheat your mug.
- Rinse the paper filter to remove paper flavors, then add your ground coffee.
- Start the brewing process for a few seconds so it can wet the coffee then STOP the brewing process. This allows the coffee to bloom and will allow for a more even extraction.
- Let the coffee sit for about 15 seconds then start the brew cycle again.
- When the brew cycle has finished, discard the spent grounds and filter.
- Serve and enjoy!